Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chapter 2 Yang

Shanahan Sebastian Wong, nice to meet your acquaintance mate. I know you probably have this look of perplexion on your face there. I sound Australian; have an Irish first name and a Chinese last name. Well me mum is Chinese and French; and my da is an Australian Irishman. Truth be told I don’t really have an Australian accent, I am a man of few words, and when I do talk I like to keep people on their toes. But I admit some days the accents come quite natural. I sometimes slip into a French accent. But I feel obliged to share some things with you. One, the reason I like to keep people on their toes is because I don’t want them getting to close. I guess you can say I’m a little anti-sociable. Two, I’m not exactly a normal person when I’m not putting on airs.

I started carrying on full sentence conversations by the age of 1, but with myself, so it would seem. I was talking like a well educated bloke by the age of 5 and I graduated college by the age of 17. And that brings us to now, I’m 21 years old. I’m a weird looking fellow to boot as well. I have a sprinkling of freckles across my nose, high cheek bones, dark, beautiful jade colored eyes, they’re slightly slanted, courtesy of me mum. Dark brown hair with dark reddish orange through out, highlights, all natural of course. I work out slightly, or stay fit. I run, swim, and climb trees. So I’m pretty toned all the way around, and I could easily pass for a 16 year old any day of the week. Cricky! I’m gorgeous. 

But any who. This where it gets interesting, for you. I have a hearing impairment, which is the main reason I talked to myself as a young bloke and the reason I excelled at school. Now most impairments hold you back, this one is slightly different. It’s not that I don’t hear well, it’s that I hear too well. I hear dead people, or people that never lived, angels and such, I guess. No really, I’m serious. I love that movie, Sixith Sense; thank God I don’t see them as well. Actually, while I’m hearing them I can’t see a friggin’ thing. I go temporarily blind, my eyes get a cloudy film over them and everything. But ever since I was a young lad one such voice, spirit, or person been with me, his name is Jahnu, he’s been there to guide me and has never led me wrong. But he has always told me that I need to find the people with the same name as me. And I have always rolled my eyes, sighed and didn’t take him serious in response. Well that all changed after meeting Vi’Syon. 

I first saw her at orientation at school, she had this dazed out look on her face, and I was thinking, “Oh great, another stoner, but she’s so cute”. Well some chic was talking ten miles an hour to her and she didn’t bat an eyelash. When orientation was over, the girl tried to get her up, Vi’Syon didn’t respond, so the girl started waving her hands in her face. Still no response, so naturally she walked out muttering, “Freak” under her breath, I sat there watching Vi'Syon, she sat there looking more comatose than stoned for about ten more minutes. When she came through it was so subtle you might not have noticed, but I did because I was watching so intently. She looked around the room, saw me and bolted out the door. I followed her. She sat down at one of the many benches that crowded the campus. I stood behind a tree, just watching her. She’s so friggin’ beautiful, short, but beautiful. She’s about 5’0, shoulder length wavy jet black hair, pale, icy blue eyes, I’ve never seen eyes like that before. But they’re big, with really long lashes; she has kind of high cheek bones, small nose, and small mouth but with semi-full lips, and chocolate colored skin tone. Small breast; she’s a thick lass, but that doesn’t mean fat, she just thick through the thighs, hips, calves, waist. She’s no light weight, she just got meat on her, not sloppy looking. Hey! I’m a guy; of course I notice these kinds of things. But any who, she looked up and our eyes connected, I stepped fully from behind the tree; I tipped my hat to her with a slight bow and left. Mind you, I don’t have a hat on, just one of my little quirks.

As soon as I was a good enough distance from her Jahnu knocks. I surrender to the blindness to get the new info he has for me. But instead I as him, “What’s her name?” He tells me in his usual accent less voice, “Vi’Syon NaRae Sage”. I start to laugh, “Riiight, what parents would name their child that?” I chuckle again to myself, then it hits me, “Oh. Well I be.” 

From then on out she was like an obsession I couldn’t shake. I’d been following her around for about a week; she was in the library, and I couldn’t stand being away from her any longer. I walked up to her and sat down across from her. I was very close, maybe a foot away, and she never looked up, she was lost in her thoughts. I was there maybe 30 seconds when her head shot up. She started to speak, “Um, can I …” I cut her off by some urgency I couldn’t explain. “Hello Yin.” I said, I knew her name by this point, I was just struck with the absolute certainty that she was my Yin. She told me I must be mistaken. And what did I do mate? I just sat there and grinned like a friggin’ idiot and stuck my hands in my jeans. Like the cat got me friggin’ tongue. She jumps up grabbing her books, looks at me and walks off. I noticed she left her notebook on the table. I grab it and take off after her. When I reached her I hear her mumbling something about “jerk”. I tap her on the shoulder, she stopped kind of abruptly, turned and looked at me. And of course I’m friggin’ grinning like a fool again. She says, “What!” real short like, so I hand her notebook to her. She seemed kind of embarrassed and said thank you really low, kind of under her breath. I tipped my hat, gave a slight bow and said,” Your more than welcome Ms. Sage.” She asked how did I know her name. I simply walked past her.

No comments:

Post a Comment