Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Try To...

I try to forget you.
I try to forgot me with you, to forget us.
But I can't.
It stalks me like my shadow, powered by the mid day sun.
I try to forget your gentleness,
I try to forget your affections.
But I can't.
The memory still holds me as you use to.
I try to forget your words, both written and said.
I try to forget your promises, broken and tossed aside.
But I can't.
I try to forget how I wasn't enough to make you stay
I try to forget how you let them tear us apart.
But I can't.
Because we're all still playing one big happy family.
I try to forget how you didn't come back for me.
I try to forget how you moved on.
But I can't.
I can't because I have to face you everyday. I have to face the loss of you, the loss of part of me, the loss of us.
I have to face the new, 'uninhibited' you. The new 'not afraid of the world' you. The new 'I really am a great catch' you.
I try to forget the useless arguments.
I try to forget the unsureness.
I try to forget the helplessness.
I try to forget the painfulness
It all causes me today.
You are my one regret.
And I can't forget you.

You single handedly, without even trying, incapacitated me. Like a dear in headlights. You knocked me out in the first 30 seconds of round one with a single sweet chin music. You have taken me out of the game, a game I wasn't even trying to play.
You have irrevocably stolen my heart. And unashamedly won't give it back. I can't shake you from my system. Like a Chihuahua on a mailman.
You have changed me for life.

Original Poem by Brooke Ash'Ley Sharpe©

No comments:

Post a Comment