My phone vibrated on the bathroom counter. I picked up the phone. It was Benjamin texting me. Even in my bad mood I couldn't but smile, he was so darn charismatic. Sat the phone down after texting him back and telling him I was getting in the shower for work. As I lathered up my mind wander, daydreaming, my favorite past time. I pictured me and Benny on the beach, it was a full moon. We were walking along the boardwalk holding hands. He pulls me off the boardwalk and onto the actual beach. We walk a lil ways and and he stops, pulls me to him, he lowers his head as to kiss. Before his lips can touch mine my mind goes blank. As usual I am unable to picture me and him together. My mind won't let me move pass the fact that he has a girl friend, no correction, you might as well say fiancée. I should know since he got my opinion on the ring. Him and Grace. It hurts when you have a connection, bond or even mutual feelings for someone and not be able to act on them. Benny and I both said we won't impose or violate his current relationship. I can't do it, I wouldn't want it done to me. I rinse off and rush throughout the rest, primping and dressing. I was running late for work. I pulled into my job, (insert job), where I work as a (insert a job title). I backed into my spot and got out my 2001 Hyundai. I'm walking towards the door that opens into my office when I feel someone looking at me. I glance up and see Benny standing by the elevators near the side entrance to the building. I approach him, "Hey sunshine!" "Ashley." is all he says in reply. "What's wrong?" I ask. He looks me dead in the eyes and tells me he and Grace broke up. I grabbed the railing. I felt like the floor had fell from beneath me. Poor Benjamin. I move towards him to give him a hug. He side steps me. "I'm ok." he says,"Just wanted to tell someone." and he turns and walks in the building. I stand there a moment longer then head to my office. Wow.
I sat at my desk contemplating how I felt about the news. I was shocked and sad for Benjamin. But a small part of me was elated. He can finally be mine. I pulled my phone out of my hip holster and messaged Benny "Are you sure you're ok"? Couple of minuets later Benny texted back, "Surprisingly enough I'm ok. Wants to know why?" "Why?" I replied back. "Cause I knew you'd be here for me." I was so shocked I couldn't even message back. I sat there with my mouth open. So I closed my mouth and got bold. I asked, "So does this mean I finally get my man?" I waited for what it seemed a life time for a response back. When he did message me back I held my breath until I opened the message. Readying myself I look down at the message and let out a triumphant lil yelp! All I read was yes! There was more but I couldn't get over the yes. I got up and did a lil dance. I can't believe after all this time and patience I was gonna get what I wanted. I sat back down and went back to reading my message. My smile dropped and all my joy just fled. The rest of the message was saying that I had him at least for right now because him and Grace was just taking a break. A couple of tears trailed down my face. Oh I knew what this meant, that as soon as I got attached and head or feet into him, he and Grace would get back together. Did I want to put myself through this? And who was I kidding? I was already head over feet. I've felt like I've known him a long time and that we were crafted for each other. I already knew my decision. I messaged him back and said, "Let's do this." and in typical Benny fashion he messaged me back, "Wha? What are we doing?" I chuckled and sat my phone to the side. Time to get to work. And I needed to come up with a course of action to make him love me in the shortest amount of time as possible. Grace already has his heart, I merely have his attention.
Brooke Sharpe©
No comments:
Post a Comment